It takes some time to settle down after delivery and get adjusted to your baby’s schedule. Don’t think about setting a schedule for your baby at this stage. Go with the flow for the first few weeks. Please read my other article on why does a baby cry before proceeding further.
Once the checklist points in the above link are cleared and around 2 months, when you start to see a pattern, it is time to start thinking about setting a schedule. Check if he is sleeping more during the day time or night-time. Babies sleep around 14-15 hours in a day when they are 2 months old. If he is sleeping more during the day time, then differentiate between day and night.
- Room lit and bright during the day.
- Regular day time noises not to be avoided like cracking sound when you open the door, mixer, dishwasher, tv etc.
- Don’t allow him to sleep more than an hour or hour and half at a stretch.
- In late evenings try to make his stomach full like for example, from 6pm to 9pm, feed him as much as possible so that he doesn’t wake up many times in the night.
- Lights dim.
- No noises.
- Lullaby in the background.
- Don’t get him excited. No talking or smiling or playing even if he gets up in the mid of night.
Be prepared especially in the night for bowel movements, vomiting, gas issues etc. It is always good to have everything packed in diaper bad ready.
Diaper bag essentials :
- Wet wipes.
- Facial tissue wipes if he has stuff or runny nose.
- Snoofy Bee*
- Formula and bottles (if you are supplementing or exclusively feeding him formula).
- A spare dress.
- Bulb syringe or nasal aspirator.
- Nail cutter.
- Baby moisturizing cream small.
- Diaper rash cream(if he is suffering from diaper rashes).
- Gastric drops(if your baby has gas issues).
Customize your diaper bag according to your baby’s needs and wants.
*To know about Snoofy Bee and its usage, please explore the link below.
You can also read my review about the same.
If this post was worth your time, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to mommyhive to travel along with me.