Babies cry due to several reasons. Assessing them and debugging the same requires lots of perseverance. But once you get the knack of it, you will become a professional. So don’t lose your cool and be patient till you get it. Below I have listed some essential points for your baby to be happy.
- You are comfortable with nursing and you see a happy content baby after nursing.
- Baby Diapers are of right size and you aren’t tightly wrapping it fearing a leak.
- You change diapers when it is full and not till the diaper brand says it can last. 12 hour protection doesn’t mean you don’t need to change a full soaked diaper until 12 hours. Prolonged wetness near the genital and wrong diaper size causes diaper rash causing more discomfort for the baby.
- You have the right room temperature set for the baby. Recommended temperature is between 68–72°F (20–22.2°C).
- When milk or food drips into your baby’s neck, ensure to clean the same around baby’s mouth and neck once the feeding is over. Leaving the remains there to dry for a day or more will cause rashes too.
- If you would like to swaddle your baby then use light weight fabric during summer and blankets during winter. Otherwise dress him in layers at night and take off layer by layer when it gets hot.
- Burp your baby once he drinks milk, not doing the same might result in baby feeling uncomfortable and would cry not knowing whats going on his body.
- Use warm wipes in the night if required as it is best to just change wet diapers and not use any wipes at night. Your baby’s sleep is more important.
- Your baby isn’t teething. Be prepared for sleepless nights when your baby starts teething, he might wake up crying every 2-3 hours as teething would cause slight pain and discomfort.
- Your baby isn’t vaccinated. Vaccinations cause slight increase in his body temperature and might sometime end up in fever. He will be cranky for a day or two. If it is the 1 year MMR vaccination he can even be cranky for up to two weeks.
- Your baby isn’t sick. When a baby falls sick, he will cry no matter what measures you take to keep him happy.
To know more about baby burping, watch the video link provided below.
If this post was worth your time, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to mommyhive to travel along with me.